Thursday 7 April 2011


My Experience at the NCC Camp

          What an ideal, perfect and unrivalled life time experience was it!  The NCC camp which we, the cadets of class IX have attented this year was an action-packed and the most consequential one. In the month of January, from 18th to 27th we attended the C.A.T.C. (Combined Annual Training Camp) in the Baison grounds at Secunderabad. The ten days which I spent there were just like my life(s most titillating and momentous days. It contained ecstasy, jollification, exhilaration and many more feelings packed in just 10 days. Just like chocolate in a wrapper. Beginning from the 1st day till the end, my mind was shuffled with different sentiments.
            The 1st day when I entered the camp, I was like ‘Ah! Oh my God, How am I going to stay here! The conditions and the environment seemed so tacky. I thought that I cannot even stay here for 2 or 3 days, but then later I enlivened my mind and took a firm pronouncement that let the Earth turn upside down, I am not going to get into despondency and leave, rather stay in the acute conditions and prove myself and I was successful in doing so. The most gleeful moment was when our camp. I was on the cloud nine thinking that I have got my own distinction and a good epithet among all.
            Another riveting part and the highlight of the camp was the ‘firing’, practice one very fine morning we were taken to the NCC Andhra Pradesh Directorate where we had our firing class. First, we all were counseled on how to go about with it and then each of us were given 5 rounds to fire among which I could not even score one. I felt very shoddy but the thought that I have more 5 rounds with me, let me try for the best and fortunately I scored 3 out of 5 which boosted up my confidence. This was a very sporadic and golden chance which we do not get again and again.


            The last highlight was the last night of our camp when we had a cultural programme which was full of excitement.  That was the day when we enjoyed to the core, as the whole day, we had only fun and no regular routine. It being the Republic day, I performed a patriotic medley which was treasured a lot.  The next day morning when we had to leave, I was busy saying good bye to all my good buddies I have made there and promising each other to remain in contact. Was not willing to leave the place but was forced to do so!
            From the commencement of this year”s NCC classes, I was losing interest but this camp brought me back on the NCC track!  After this camp, I can proudly say that 

NCC Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooja Bhageria – IX C
Asst. Head Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment